National Defence Academy (NDA)
Vishwabharati Defence Academy has all the ingredients of a top notch Defence Training academy, that is well suited for the fast pace changes. The NDA training offered by VishwaBharati Gurukul is designed to suit the emerging challenges of the defence environment. The institute offers well oriented staff to give the best trainings in various subjects.
- 6 Weeks training program.
- Highly qualified and motivated faculty team.
- Course ware.
- Well-furnished classrooms with LCD projectors.
- Advanced audio-visual teaching aids.
Vishwabharati Defence Academy is a premier Leadership Training Institute located in the heart of Pune city, Maharashtra. The Academy aims at transforming youngsters into leaders! At Vishwabharati Defence Academy a group of Army officers with impeccable careers and years of experience, have joined hands to set up an Officers’ Training Academy to train students, both boys and girls, of different age and qualification to seek careers in Indian Army, Navy and Airforce.
Apply Online for 2 Years Integrated Course for NDA (Residential) offered by Vishwabharati Defence Academy.
- +91 74986 25809
+91 90782 04984
View our 2021 Brochure of 11th 12th + NDA Residential (2years) course for more information.
Admissions Open Now! Apply Online for our National Defence Academy (NDA) Course
A Brief About NDA Exam:
The cradle of Military Leadership, NDA is a tri services training establishment where Army, Air Force and Navy cadets train before they proceed to their respective service academy for post commission training. Conducted twice in a year by UPSC and hailed as one of the toughest exams in India, the exam consists of 120 MCQs from Mathematics and 150 from General Ability. Candidates must prepare for Class XII level Mathematics, Physics,Chemistry, Basic Geography, History, Current Affairs and general awareness about India to succeed in this exam.
In the six days SSB test; they have to pass from general skills, psychological, group, physical, mental, social and emotional test. Every year there are about 4 lakh candidates sit for this written exam. NDA’s headquarter located at Pune, Maharashtra. It is an iconic institution, which emerged as a military academy.
According to the eligibility criteria of NDA, unmarried male candidates who have completed their Class 12 or equivalent examination can apply for the exam. NDA eligibility criteria include nationality, age limit, educational qualification and physical standards which candidates need to fulfill in order to be eligible for the exam.
- The candidate who is wishing to attempt the NDA exam must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must be unmarried male.
- Permanent Body tattoos are not permitted whether it is only on inner face of forearm.
- The average height is required for NDA is 157cm (5.1 ft.).
- ARMY : 10+2 (Any Stream) Complete or Appearing in 10+2 Exam
- Air Force : 10+2 (Non-Med) Complete or Appearing in 10+2 Exam
- NAVY: 10+2 (Non-Med) Complete or Appearing in 10+2 Exam
- 16.5 Years to 19.5 Years. The Candidates still need to Cross check exact age eligibility at the time of Notification.
NDA Exam Pattern is set by the UPSC. There is a written exam that the candidates need to pass. Then the qualified candidates have to pass the SSB interview. Candidates who qualify both the written test and the interview will be eligible to enroll themselves into the National Defence Academy (NDA).
NDA Written Exam Pattern:
|Sr. No||Subject||No. of Questions||Time||Marks|
|1.||Mathematics||120 Questions||2 Hr 30 Min||300|
|2.||General Ability||150 Questions||2 Hr 30 Min||600|
SSB Interview Procedure:
The SSB Interview Procedure comprises of two stage selection process: Stage I & Stage II. Candidates, those qualify the Stage I, only they are permitted to appear for Stage II. The complete procedure is given below:
Stage 1: This stage consists of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP & DT). Stage 1 is a screening test. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of combined performance in OIR Test and PP & DT.
Stage 2: This stage is conducted for four (4) days. Stage II consists of Psychology Tests, Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Interview & Conference.
Paper I: Mathematics
|Set Theory||Definite Integrals||Binary System||Relations Functions|
|AP-GP-HP||Limit Continuity||Matrices & Determinants||Differential Equations|
|Differentiation||Binomial Theorem||Complex Numbers||Permutations & Combination|
|Integration||Quadratic Equation||Vector Algebra||2D & 3D Geometry|
Paper II : General Ability TEST
Part A: 50 Questions
Idioms & Phrases
Part B: 100 Questions
Awards & Honours
The cut offs of last four years of NDA written exams are as shown below:
NDA I Cut Offs
NDA II Cut Offs
342 Marks out of 900
346 Marks out of 900
338 Marks out of 900
325 Marks out of 900
342 Marks out of 900
258 Marks out of 900
288 Marks out of 900
229 Marks out of 900
Below are the Important Dates for NDA Exams 2023:
|Sr. No||Exam||Notification Date||Last Date to Apply||Exam Date||Conduction Body|
|1.||NDA – I 2023||21-12-2023||10-01-2023||16-04-2023||UPSC|
|2.||NDA – II 2023||17-05-2023||06-06-2023||03-09-2023||UPSC|
200 acres plus campus in the lap of pristine nature at Lonavala well connected with Railway, Express Highway and Old Mumbai-Pune Highway. The campus is fenced and has complete CCTV coverage. It also boasts of a 30 bedded 24X7 hospital. It has 16 year old CBSE school and few other graduate colleges including an Engineering College. The CBSE school is also a designated center for 10th and 12th final board exam. The campus has seperate gyms, canteens, hostels and messes for colleges and school. All the hostels have 24X7 physical guards. The CBSE School, student's hostel and mess are all within 1 minute walling distance. The campus has canteens, shopping complexes and all other amenities as desirable in a world class campus.
The additional facilities for the 2 year integrated course (11th+12th and NDA) are enumerated below:
1. CBSE School upto 12th Standard.
2. Student mess with 4 meals per day. Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner. Meals are unlimited, tasty with adequate variety. Milk with additional nutrients in all breakfasts.
3. Nice and airy hostels with teachers residing with students and in house study room.
4. Teachers and Army Instructors available 24X7.
5. Daily cleaning of the washrooms and living premises.
6. Uninterrupted Power and Water supply.
7. Cooler and Aqua guard for drinking water.
8. Adequate European toilets and bathing facility with hot water provision.
9. Beds at one level. Corridors on either side of the living hostel.
10. Integrated Sports Complex with following facilities:
A. 2 full-fledged football ground, 2 volleyball courts, 2 Tennis courts, 2 cemented basketball courts, 2 indoor badminton courts, 10 TT tables, Athletic Track, Skating rink.
B. Full-fledged Cricket Stadium
C. Swimming Pool
D. Nature Trails
11. 24X7 Guards and CCTV Coverage.
12. Students are always under supervision and not allowed to loiter.
13. Laundry Facility.
14.Charges for in-house hospital included in the fees.
15. Weekly home call. No mobiles with students.
16. Regular PTM.
17. Staying facility for visiting parents with very nominal charge.
|Time From||Time To||Event Details|
| || |
| || |
PT / Drill
Make & Mend
Study Period / NDA Training
Study Period / VDA Classes
| || |
*(Exact timing may vary depending upon the weather and season. When exams are in progress, more time is given for studies and stress on outdoor activities is reduced accordingly.)
The current total fees payable is Rs. 2,50,000/- per year and a refundable security deposit of Rs. 25,000/-
The Security deposit is refunded when the student finally passes out from the school.
Goods and Services included in the Fees:
1. Tuition fees of school
2. Hostel Charges
3. 4 Meals
4. Books, Stationery and Uniform of the school
5. After school coaching of Physics, Chemistry & Math (PCM) and English
6. NDA written exam with regular tests
7. SSB interview and Personality Development training
8. Safety, security and supervision of students
9. Visits including and trekking
10. Dossier Maintenance
12. Sports Activities
13. Additional clothing & linens provided by the academy
A. 2 Bed Sheets, pillow with 2 pillow covers and a blanket
B. A Bathing Gown
C. Track Suit
D. Mufti Dress with a tie
E. 2 T-shirts and a cap
14. Laundry Facility
15. Indoor Library
16. In-house entertainment like Music, dance, movie etc.
17. Indoor games like Carrom & Chess
18. Newspapers and in-house library
We give a scholarship to each of those students who stand amongst first 5 in the overall merit in school. The numbers of students among the first 5 are graded as per their school performance, in house exam performance and overall performance and discipline. The first student is given Rs. 5,000/- and it is reduced by Rs. 1000/- for each student standing next in the merit. The decision on ranking amongst the first 5 students rests with management. We also give a discount of Rs. 10,000/- to students whose parents are in Armed Forces, Para Military / Central Police Organization and State Police.
- Entrance test after 10th board exam. Subjects - English, Math and General Knowledge of 10th standard level.
- Written test will be objective type online / OMR sheet.
- Selected candidates will be called for interview after written exam.
- Candidates successful in interview will need to submit fitness certificate.
- First 70 candidates as per order of merit will be invited to join the institute mid of June.
What is the USP of Vishwabharati Defence Academy (VDA)?
- 200 acres world class and picturesque campus on the foothill of Western Ghats.
- The directors, personality development coaches and SSB trainers are all officers from the Indian Armed Forces of the rank of Colonels and Brigadiers.
- The CBSE school, mess, hostel, sports facilities, swimming tank, in-house hospital and all other facilities and conveniences are within 1 to 5 minutes walking distance. No wastage of time and energy and the safety gets ensured.
- The CBSE school is also a center for 10th and 12th board examination.
- Campus is fenced, covered by CCTV and physically guarded by uniformed guards 24X7.
- Teachers including personnel's from the Armed Forces, instead of wardens, are deputed to take care, teach and mentor the students.
- Facility of parents to stay in the campus whenever they visit their wards.
- Well connected by Rail and Road connectivity, campus located on Mumbai-Pune Express Highway.
- Proximity to the dream destination, NDA. We make regular inspirational visits to National Defence Academy.
- Lonavala is a trekkers paradise. We trek to various forts of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. These treks are not only inspirational but also a great way to keep physically fit, develop team spirit and recharge the batteries.
- VDA has a national character and attracts students from allover India. This not only helps students to adapt and learn but also gives the academy a true national flavor. The board of directors if the Academy are also from the states of Maharashtra, Orrisa and Uttarakhand and hence a true representative of Academy's national character.
- Our mentors and teachers are from varied background bringing their unique flavor and expertise to the academy. We offer the expertise of Brig BS Gill, Brig (Dr.) S B Bodhe, Col Shrikumar, Col S Hasabnis and many other guest speakers from the Armed Forces for personality development and SSB interview and eminent teachers to cover all the academic subjects including spoken English.
- Assured admission in Engineering and Hotel Management College after following due admission process.
Brigadier BS Gill
(EX PRESIDENT SSB, Allahabad)
An officer with vast and varied experience. He has commanded an Artillery Brigade and also the Army aviation school. He has 21 years flying experience and has been both an instructor and flying examiner.
In addition to his professional qualifications, Brig Gill is a Diploma holder in Defence Management and PGDM, in HRD, from University of Pune.
Brig Gill has been an assessor in SSB Bhopal and has the valuable experience of being the President of SSB Allahabad. He is a guest Faculty at DIPR Delhi and is also a graded assessor for the Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard.
Brigadier Dr. Sunil Bodhe
(EX PRESIDENT SSB, Allahabad)
Brig Dr. Sunil Bodhe is an alumnus of Sainik School Satara and National Defence Academy (NDA). He has a vast varies experience of serving in different states and volatile frontiers. He has taken active part in a range of military operations including Kargil War.
Brig Dr. Sunil Bodhe has a variety of military training and academic achievements under his belt. He did post-graduation in defence studies from the prestigious Defence Service Staff College, Wellington and Doctorate from Allahabad University. He has been a research scholar of Pune University, a commando instructor with NSG and chairman of various schools and colleges. He is a profound speaker on matters of national security and is also an adroit influencer. His stint as an assessor and president of the Service Selection Board (SSB) has honed his this very innate ability.
Col Shrikumar Nair
(SM & Bar - Veteran)
An officer with vast and varied experience of serving in different sectors while being in Armed Forces. Col Shrikumar Nair brings to the table a valuable mix of leadership experience both in Army and Corporate. He is a decorated soldier conferred with Sena Medal (Gallantry) twice for bravery. He commanded an infantry battalion during Kargil Operations and won laurels both for the battalion and himself for outstanding bravery against heavy odds. In addition, he was bestowed with Army Commanders appreciation for operational excellence.
He has been associated with Pegasus, a leading corporate training organization and brings his training skills an experience to the fore for shaping the young minds.
Col Subhash Pol
He is an alumnus of Sainik School Balachadi, Jamnagar and joined NDA in 1978. He got commissioned in 17th Battalion the Madras Regiment from IMA in 1981. He hails from village Mardi, District Satara (Maharashtra). A live wire and an adventure enthusiast, he is an excellent cross-country runner and was NDA blue in the event.
He has served the Armed Forces for 38 years in different parts of the country and has led many expeditions during his service. He has taken part in operation Blue Star in Punjab and Operation Vijay in Kargil. He has served in counter insurgency operations in Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Nagaland. He is committed social worker too.
Col Rohit Tewari
(Veteran - MA Psychology)
A gunner from the Armed Forces. In addition to his service in professional arm he has served in intelligence wing and quality assurance wing of the army.
An alumnus of NDA, he has many qualifications to his credit apart from the professional training. He is TSOC qualified, from DIAT, Pune which is equivalent to M Tech in defence technology. He is MBA from FMS, Delhi University and Diploma in personnel management from SIMS, Pune. He holds a first class MA Socio-Psychology degree from Meerut University. He has done quality assurance training from DIQA, Bangalore and is also a diploma holder from IIFT, New Delhi.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we are running Online Classes till our Campus Reopens.
😷 Wear Mask, Stay Safe and Stay Healthy at Home.🏠