NDA CDS AFCAT Online Written Course
Vishwabharati Defence Academy (VDA) provides a range of online and offline courses for all entry positions in Armed forces as commissioned officers. The Academy also conducts 2-year residential course for NDA along with Junior college in two big campuses in Lonavala, Panchgani and Shevneri.
The online course for NDA and other armed forces officer entries like CDS, AFCAT etc are designed to support aspirations of those students who are unable to join our residential course for some constraints and can also not travel to be with us for a period of 2 to 3 months for offline regular courses being conducted in Pune. The regular courses are presently not being offered anywhere due to COVID situation hence as of now there is no substitute to online courses. The academy is already conducting online training for the students enrolled for the residential course but now it is offering online courses for students pan-India who may like to benefit from it from the comforts and safety of their homes. The syllabus, duration, timing and test series is designed by our highly experienced faculty in a professional but user-friendly manner.
Apply Online for 2 Years Integrated Course for NDA (Residential) offered by Vishwabharati Defence Academy.
- +91 74986 25809
+91 90782 04984
View our 2021 Brochure of 11th 12th + NDA Residential (2years) course for more information.
Admissions Open Now! Apply Online for our NDA CDS AFCAT Online Written Course
All short courses for NDA, CDS and AFCAT are for a period of approx. 10 weeks. In addition we conduct Four weeks intensive course for NDA-I and Service preparatory Institute (SPI) from mid-March to mid-April. An exposure to SSB interview is given during these courses. The timing for these courses is as per the need of the batch. The training for short courses are approximately 225 hrs and for intensive course 125 hrs.
As English is the official language in the Armed Forces and the SSB interview is conducted in English language, it is all but necessary to improve the ability of students to think, write and speak in English; we make an outright endeavour to ensure just that. The period of training varies as per the training needs.
Recommendation in SSB is based on the demonstrated personality attributes of the candidate. Personality development has various aspects, the way one thinks, acts, behaves, deals with others, reacts to situations, dresses and communicates: the list is endless. We watch for all such personality attributes and do course-correction when and where necessary.
This is an acid test of cadet’s suitability as a potential Military leader. From the moment a cadet lands at the SSB interview center till he departs all his actions, behavior and persona are closely monitored. This is done through various formal and informal tests and interactions. Armed forces selects only those cadets who have a spark in them. Our team of experts guide, mentor, correct and inspire cadet’s to discover their higher selves.
Training is conducted over 2 weeks @ 4-5 hrs per day. Highly experienced and reputed assessors, Brig B S Gill (President and IO), Col S S Barde (GTO) and Col J S Rawat (Psychologist) conduct the sessions. We proudly claim to have the best team of SSB assessors in the state of Maharashtra.
Sinhgad Public School, Lonavala (SPS) and VishwaBharati Academy follow the principle of providing the best education and exposure to the students who may join us from different education board. We believe in our ability and the student’s motivation to excel both in academics and personality development.
The conditions for admission in the CBSE School and hostel along with applicable fees are given in below sections.
We operate out of school campus at Lonavala and are responsible for all facets of training and administration of students. This includes safety, security, discipline, accommodation, education, personality development, proficiency in English language, soft skills, physical training, sports and food etc. we assume the responsibilities of local guardian and caretaker for all our cadets.
NDA written exam has two papers, Mathematics and General Aptitude Test (GAT). While mathematics is of 300 marks the GAT is of 600 marks. GAT is primarily a test of general awareness and proficiency in English language. The GAT includes English, History, Geography, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Political science, Civics, Economics, General knowledge and Current affairs.
200 acres plus campus in the lap of pristine nature at Lonavala well connected with Railway, Express Highway and Old Mumbai-Pune Highway. The campus is fenced and has complete CCTV coverage. It also boasts of a 30 bedded 24X7 hospital. It has 16 year old CBSE school and few other graduate colleges including an Engineering College. The CBSE school is also a designated center for 10th and 12th final board exam. The campus has seperate gyms, canteens, hostels and messes for colleges and school. All the hostels have 24X7 physical guards. The CBSE School, student's hostel and mess are all within 1 minute walling distance. The campus has canteens, shopping complexes and all other amenities as desirable in a world class campus.
The additional facilities for the 2 year integrated course (11th+12th and NDA) are enumerated below:
1. CBSE School upto 12th Standard.
2. Student mess with 4 meals per day. Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner. Meals are unlimited, tasty with adequate variety. Milk with additional nutrients in all breakfasts.
3. Nice and airy hostels with teachers residing with students and in house study room.
4. Teachers and Army Instructors available 24X7.
5. Daily cleaning of the washrooms and living premises.
6. Uninterrupted Power and Water supply.
7. Cooler and Aqua guard for drinking water.
8. Adequate European toilets and bathing facility with hot water provision.
9. Beds at one level. Corridors on either side of the living hostel.
10. Integrated Sports Complex with following facilities:
A. 2 full-fledged football ground, 2 volleyball courts, 2 Tennis courts, 2 cemented basketball courts, 2 indoor badminton courts, 10 TT tables, Athletic Track, Skating rink.
B. Full-fledged Cricket Stadium
C. Swimming Pool
D. Nature Trails
11. 24X7 Guards and CCTV Coverage.
12. Students are always under supervision and not allowed to loiter.
13. Laundry Facility.
14.Charges for in-house hospital included in the fees.
15. Weekly home call. No mobiles with students.
16. Regular PTM.
17. Staying facility for visiting parents with very nominal charge.
|Time From||Time To||Event Details|
| || |
| || |
PT / Drill
Make & Mend
Study Period / NDA Training
Study Period / VDA Classes
| || |
*(Exact timing may vary depending upon the weather and season. When exams are in progress, more time is given for studies and stress on outdoor activities is reduced accordingly.)
The current total fees payable is Rs. 2,50,000/- per year and a refundable security deposit of Rs. 25,000/-
The Security deposit is refunded when the student finally passes out from the school.
Goods and Services included in the Fees:
1. Tuition fees of school
2. Hostel Charges
3. 4 Meals
4. Books, Stationery and Uniform of the school
5. After school coaching of Physics, Chemistry & Math (PCM) and English
6. NDA written exam with regular tests
7. SSB interview and Personality Development training
8. Safety, security and supervision of students
9. Visits including and trekking
10. Dossier Maintenance
12. Sports Activities
13. Additional clothing & linens provided by the academy
A. 2 Bed Sheets, pillow with 2 pillow covers and a blanket
B. A Bathing Gown
C. Track Suit
D. Mufti Dress with a tie
E. 2 T-shirts and a cap
14. Laundry Facility
15. Indoor Library
16. In-house entertainment like Music, dance, movie etc.
17. Indoor games like Carrom & Chess
18. Newspapers and in-house library
We give a scholarship to each of those students who stand amongst first 5 in the overall merit in school. The numbers of students among the first 5 are graded as per their school performance, in house exam performance and overall performance and discipline. The first student is given Rs. 5,000/- and it is reduced by Rs. 1000/- for each student standing next in the merit. The decision on ranking amongst the first 5 students rests with management. We also give a discount of Rs. 10,000/- to students whose parents are in Armed Forces, Para Military / Central Police Organization and State Police.
- Entrance test after 10th board exam. Subjects - English, Math and General Knowledge of 10th standard level.
- Written test will be objective type online / OMR sheet.
- Selected candidates will be called for interview after written exam.
- Candidates successful in interview will need to submit fitness certificate.
- First 70 candidates as per order of merit will be invited to join the institute mid of June.
What is the USP of Vishwabharati Defence Academy (VDA)?
- 200 acres world class and picturesque campus on the foothill of Western Ghats.
- The directors, personality development coaches and SSB trainers are all officers from the Indian Armed Forces of the rank of Colonels and Brigadiers.
- The CBSE school, mess, hostel, sports facilities, swimming tank, in-house hospital and all other facilities and conveniences are within 1 to 5 minutes walking distance. No wastage of time and energy and the safety gets ensured.
- The CBSE school is also a center for 10th and 12th board examination.
- Campus is fenced, covered by CCTV and physically guarded by uniformed guards 24X7.
- Teachers including personnel's from the Armed Forces, instead of wardens, are deputed to take care, teach and mentor the students.
- Facility of parents to stay in the campus whenever they visit their wards.
- Well connected by Rail and Road connectivity, campus located on Mumbai-Pune Express Highway.
- Proximity to the dream destination, NDA. We make regular inspirational visits to National Defence Academy.
- Lonavala is a trekkers paradise. We trek to various forts of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. These treks are not only inspirational but also a great way to keep physically fit, develop team spirit and recharge the batteries.
- VDA has a national character and attracts students from allover India. This not only helps students to adapt and learn but also gives the academy a true national flavor. The board of directors if the Academy are also from the states of Maharashtra, Orrisa and Uttarakhand and hence a true representative of Academy's national character.
- Our mentors and teachers are from varied background bringing their unique flavor and expertise to the academy. We offer the expertise of Brig BS Gill, Brig (Dr.) S B Bodhe, Col Shrikumar, Col S Hasabnis and many other guest speakers from the Armed Forces for personality development and SSB interview and eminent teachers to cover all the academic subjects including spoken English.
- Assured admission in Engineering and Hotel Management College after following due admission process.
Brigadier BS Gill
(EX PRESIDENT SSB, Allahabad)
An officer with vast and varied experience. He has commanded an Artillery Brigade and also the Army aviation school. He has 21 years flying experience and has been both an instructor and flying examiner.
In addition to his professional qualifications, Brig Gill is a Diploma holder in Defence Management and PGDM, in HRD, from University of Pune.
Brig Gill has been an assessor in SSB Bhopal and has the valuable experience of being the President of SSB Allahabad. He is a guest Faculty at DIPR Delhi and is also a graded assessor for the Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard.
Brigadier Dr. Sunil Bodhe
(EX PRESIDENT SSB, Allahabad)
Brig Dr. Sunil Bodhe is an alumnus of Sainik School Satara and National Defence Academy (NDA). He has a vast varies experience of serving in different states and volatile frontiers. He has taken active part in a range of military operations including Kargil War.
Brig Dr. Sunil Bodhe has a variety of military training and academic achievements under his belt. He did post-graduation in defence studies from the prestigious Defence Service Staff College, Wellington and Doctorate from Allahabad University. He has been a research scholar of Pune University, a commando instructor with NSG and chairman of various schools and colleges. He is a profound speaker on matters of national security and is also an adroit influencer. His stint as an assessor and president of the Service Selection Board (SSB) has honed his this very innate ability.
Col Shrikumar Nair
(SM & Bar - Veteran)
An officer with vast and varied experience of serving in different sectors while being in Armed Forces. Col Shrikumar Nair brings to the table a valuable mix of leadership experience both in Army and Corporate. He is a decorated soldier conferred with Sena Medal (Gallantry) twice for bravery. He commanded an infantry battalion during Kargil Operations and won laurels both for the battalion and himself for outstanding bravery against heavy odds. In addition, he was bestowed with Army Commanders appreciation for operational excellence.
He has been associated with Pegasus, a leading corporate training organization and brings his training skills an experience to the fore for shaping the young minds.
Col Subhash Pol
He is an alumnus of Sainik School Balachadi, Jamnagar and joined NDA in 1978. He got commissioned in 17th Battalion the Madras Regiment from IMA in 1981. He hails from village Mardi, District Satara (Maharashtra). A live wire and an adventure enthusiast, he is an excellent cross-country runner and was NDA blue in the event.
He has served the Armed Forces for 38 years in different parts of the country and has led many expeditions during his service. He has taken part in operation Blue Star in Punjab and Operation Vijay in Kargil. He has served in counter insurgency operations in Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Nagaland. He is committed social worker too.
Col Rohit Tewari
(Veteran - MA Psychology)
A gunner from the Armed Forces. In addition to his service in professional arm he has served in intelligence wing and quality assurance wing of the army.
An alumnus of NDA, he has many qualifications to his credit apart from the professional training. He is TSOC qualified, from DIAT, Pune which is equivalent to M Tech in defence technology. He is MBA from FMS, Delhi University and Diploma in personnel management from SIMS, Pune. He holds a first class MA Socio-Psychology degree from Meerut University. He has done quality assurance training from DIQA, Bangalore and is also a diploma holder from IIFT, New Delhi.
😷 Wear Mask, Stay Safe and Stay Healthy at Home.🏠