Combined Defence Services (CDS)
Vishwabharati Defence Academy (VDA) is a dynamic institute with a passion for learning and sharing. We offer an intensive CDS course to join the professional defence forces. Vishwabharati Defence Academy is an Institute where creative energy flows, new ideas are developed and talent emerges.
Vishwabharati Defence Academy (VDA) is established to provide an accelerated academic path to a career in the professional world of the defence forces. Our CDS course is designed to equip the motivated student with all of the tools that he or she will need to successfully join the Defence Forces. Our professional staff, with their mature and challenging approach to a education, prepares the student to complete in this challenging profession.
- 6 weeks training program.
- Highly qualified and motivated faculty team.
- Course ware.
- Well-furnished AC classrooms with LCD projectors.
- Advanced audio-visual teaching aids.
We have branches all over India and each branch is equipped with a library. We also have Hostel facilities for the candidate at very nominal charges.
– Vishwabharati Defence Academy (VDA) is the only institute with PAN India presence with experience of over a Decade.
– Being an, integrated chain of Academies Vishwabharati Defence Academ has the distinct advantage of Sharing, Evolving and Updating its Teaching Techniques and Infrastructure, Matching the latest trends in SSB Interview Centres.
– We have the largest team of officers who are Ex SSB Presidents, GTO’s, and Psychologists from Army, Air Force and Navy Striving for your success.
– VDA has the honor of sending the maximum number of candidates to NDA, IMA, OTA, Naval and Air-Force Academies.
– VDA is the only institute which has latest Outdoor Tasks and Individual Tasks laid out in open space to give all candidates an actual feel on ground.
– We discuss all possible topics of Lecturettes & Group discussion as observed in the various SSB’s and practice them to perfection.
– We maintain high quality in our training and ensure enviable success rate.
Apply Online for 2 Years Integrated Course for NDA (Residential) offered by Vishwabharati Defence Academy.
View our 2021 Brochure of 11th 12th + NDA Residential (2years) course for more information.
Admissions Open Now! Apply Online for our Combined Defence Services (CDS) Course
All short courses for NDA, CDS and AFCAT are for a period of approx. 10 weeks. In addition we conduct Four weeks intensive course for NDA-I and Service preparatory Institute (SPI) from mid-March to mid-April. An exposure to SSB interview is given during these courses. The timing for these courses is as per the need of the batch. The training for short courses are approximately 225 hrs and for intensive course 125 hrs.
As English is the official language in the Armed Forces and the SSB interview is conducted in English language, it is all but necessary to improve the ability of students to think, write and speak in English; we make an outright endeavour to ensure just that. The period of training varies as per the training needs.
Recommendation in SSB is based on the demonstrated personality attributes of the candidate. Personality development has various aspects, the way one thinks, acts, behaves, deals with others, reacts to situations, dresses and communicates: the list is endless. We watch for all such personality attributes and do course-correction when and where necessary.
This is an acid test of cadet’s suitability as a potential Military leader. From the moment a cadet lands at the SSB interview center till he departs all his actions, behavior and persona are closely monitored. This is done through various formal and informal tests and interactions. Armed forces selects only those cadets who have a spark in them. Our team of experts guide, mentor, correct and inspire cadet’s to discover their higher selves.
Training is conducted over 2 weeks @ 4-5 hrs per day. Highly experienced and reputed assessors, Brig B S Gill (President and IO), Col S S Barde (GTO) and Col J S Rawat (Psychologist) conduct the sessions. We proudly claim to have the best team of SSB assessors in the state of Maharashtra.
Sinhgad Public School, Lonavala (SPS) and VishwaBharati Academy follow the principle of providing the best education and exposure to the students who may join us from different education board. We believe in our ability and the student’s motivation to excel both in academics and personality development.
The conditions for admission in the CBSE School and hostel along with applicable fees are given in below sections.
We operate out of school campus at Lonavala and are responsible for all facets of training and administration of students. This includes safety, security, discipline, accommodation, education, personality development, proficiency in English language, soft skills, physical training, sports and food etc. we assume the responsibilities of local guardian and caretaker for all our cadets.
NDA written exam has two papers, Mathematics and General Aptitude Test (GAT). While mathematics is of 300 marks the GAT is of 600 marks. GAT is primarily a test of general awareness and proficiency in English language. The GAT includes English, History, Geography, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Political science, Civics, Economics, General knowledge and Current affairs.
200 acres plus campus in the lap of pristine nature at Lonavala well connected with Railway, Express Highway and Old Mumbai-Pune Highway. The campus is fenced and has complete CCTV coverage. It also boasts of a 30 bedded 24X7 hospital. It has 16 year old CBSE school and few other graduate colleges including an Engineering College. The CBSE school is also a designated center for 10th and 12th final board exam. The campus has seperate gyms, canteens, hostels and messes for colleges and school. All the hostels have 24X7 physical guards. The CBSE School, student's hostel and mess are all within 1 minute walling distance. The campus has canteens, shopping complexes and all other amenities as desirable in a world class campus.
The additional facilities for the 2 year integrated course (11th+12th and NDA) are enumerated below:
1. CBSE School upto 12th Standard.
2. Student mess with 4 meals per day. Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner. Meals are unlimited, tasty with adequate variety. Milk with additional nutrients in all breakfasts.
3. Nice and airy hostels with teachers residing with students and in house study room.
4. Teachers and Army Instructors available 24X7.
5. Daily cleaning of the washrooms and living premises.
6. Uninterrupted Power and Water supply.
7. Cooler and Aqua guard for drinking water.
8. Adequate European toilets and bathing facility with hot water provision.
9. Beds at one level. Corridors on either side of the living hostel.
10. Integrated Sports Complex with following facilities:
A. 2 full-fledged football ground, 2 volleyball courts, 2 Tennis courts, 2 cemented basketball courts, 2 indoor badminton courts, 10 TT tables, Athletic Track, Skating rink.
B. Full-fledged Cricket Stadium
C. Swimming Pool
D. Nature Trails
11. 24X7 Guards and CCTV Coverage.
12. Students are always under supervision and not allowed to loiter.
13. Laundry Facility.
14.Charges for in-house hospital included in the fees.
15. Weekly home call. No mobiles with students.
16. Regular PTM.
17. Staying facility for visiting parents with very nominal charge.
|Time From||Time To||Event Details|
PT / Drill
Make & Mend
Study Period / NDA Training
Study Period / VDA Classes
*(Exact timing may vary depending upon the weather and season. When exams are in progress, more time is given for studies and stress on outdoor activities is reduced accordingly.)
The current total fees payable is Rs. 2,50,000/- per year and a refundable security deposit of Rs. 25,000/-
The Security deposit is refunded when the student finally passes out from the school.
Goods and Services included in the Fees:
1. Tuition fees of school
2. Hostel Charges
3. 4 Meals
4. Books, Stationery and Uniform of the school
5. After school coaching of Physics, Chemistry & Math (PCM) and English
6. NDA written exam with regular tests
7. SSB interview and Personality Development training
8. Safety, security and supervision of students
9. Visits including and trekking
10. Dossier Maintenance
12. Sports Activities
13. Additional clothing & linens provided by the academy
A. 2 Bed Sheets, pillow with 2 pillow covers and a blanket
B. A Bathing Gown
C. Track Suit
D. Mufti Dress with a tie
E. 2 T-shirts and a cap
14. Laundry Facility
15. Indoor Library
16. In-house entertainment like Music, dance, movie etc.
17. Indoor games like Carrom & Chess
18. Newspapers and in-house library
We give a scholarship to each of those students who stand amongst first 5 in the overall merit in school. The numbers of students among the first 5 are graded as per their school performance, in house exam performance and overall performance and discipline. The first student is given Rs. 5,000/- and it is reduced by Rs. 1000/- for each student standing next in the merit. The decision on ranking amongst the first 5 students rests with management. We also give a discount of Rs. 10,000/- to students whose parents are in Armed Forces, Para Military / Central Police Organization and State Police.
- Entrance test after 10th board exam. Subjects - English, Math and General Knowledge of 10th standard level.
- Written test will be objective type online / OMR sheet.
- Selected candidates will be called for interview after written exam.
- Candidates successful in interview will need to submit fitness certificate.
- First 70 candidates as per order of merit will be invited to join the institute mid of June.
What is the USP of Vishwabharati Defence Academy (VDA)?
- 200 acres world class and picturesque campus on the foothill of Western Ghats.
- The directors, personality development coaches and SSB trainers are all officers from the Indian Armed Forces of the rank of Colonels and Brigadiers.
- The CBSE school, mess, hostel, sports facilities, swimming tank, in-house hospital and all other facilities and conveniences are within 1 to 5 minutes walking distance. No wastage of time and energy and the safety gets ensured.
- The CBSE school is also a center for 10th and 12th board examination.
- Campus is fenced, covered by CCTV and physically guarded by uniformed guards 24X7.
- Teachers including personnel's from the Armed Forces, instead of wardens, are deputed to take care, teach and mentor the students.
- Facility of parents to stay in the campus whenever they visit their wards.
- Well connected by Rail and Road connectivity, campus located on Mumbai-Pune Express Highway.
- Proximity to the dream destination, NDA. We make regular inspirational visits to National Defence Academy.
- Lonavala is a trekkers paradise. We trek to various forts of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. These treks are not only inspirational but also a great way to keep physically fit, develop team spirit and recharge the batteries.
- VDA has a national character and attracts students from allover India. This not only helps students to adapt and learn but also gives the academy a true national flavor. The board of directors if the Academy are also from the states of Maharashtra, Orrisa and Uttarakhand and hence a true representative of Academy's national character.
- Our mentors and teachers are from varied background bringing their unique flavor and expertise to the academy. We offer the expertise of Brig BS Gill, Brig (Dr.) S B Bodhe, Col Shrikumar, Col S Hasabnis and many other guest speakers from the Armed Forces for personality development and SSB interview and eminent teachers to cover all the academic subjects including spoken English.
- Assured admission in Engineering and Hotel Management College after following due admission process.
Brigadier BS Gill
(EX PRESIDENT SSB, Allahabad)
An officer with vast and varied experience. He has commanded an Artillery Brigade and also the Army aviation school. He has 21 years flying experience and has been both an instructor and flying examiner.
In addition to his professional qualifications, Brig Gill is a Diploma holder in Defence Management and PGDM, in HRD, from University of Pune.
Brig Gill has been an assessor in SSB Bhopal and has the valuable experience of being the President of SSB Allahabad. He is a guest Faculty at DIPR Delhi and is also a graded assessor for the Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard.
Brigadier Dr. Sunil Bodhe
(EX PRESIDENT SSB, Allahabad)
Brig Dr. Sunil Bodhe is an alumnus of Sainik School Satara and National Defence Academy (NDA). He has a vast varies experience of serving in different states and volatile frontiers. He has taken active part in a range of military operations including Kargil War.
Brig Dr. Sunil Bodhe has a variety of military training and academic achievements under his belt. He did post-graduation in defence studies from the prestigious Defence Service Staff College, Wellington and Doctorate from Allahabad University. He has been a research scholar of Pune University, a commando instructor with NSG and chairman of various schools and colleges. He is a profound speaker on matters of national security and is also an adroit influencer. His stint as an assessor and president of the Service Selection Board (SSB) has honed his this very innate ability.
Col Shrikumar Nair
(SM & Bar - Veteran)
An officer with vast and varied experience of serving in different sectors while being in Armed Forces. Col Shrikumar Nair brings to the table a valuable mix of leadership experience both in Army and Corporate. He is a decorated soldier conferred with Sena Medal (Gallantry) twice for bravery. He commanded an infantry battalion during Kargil Operations and won laurels both for the battalion and himself for outstanding bravery against heavy odds. In addition, he was bestowed with Army Commanders appreciation for operational excellence.
He has been associated with Pegasus, a leading corporate training organization and brings his training skills an experience to the fore for shaping the young minds.
Col Subhash Pol
He is an alumnus of Sainik School Balachadi, Jamnagar and joined NDA in 1978. He got commissioned in 17th Battalion the Madras Regiment from IMA in 1981. He hails from village Mardi, District Satara (Maharashtra). A live wire and an adventure enthusiast, he is an excellent cross-country runner and was NDA blue in the event.
He has served the Armed Forces for 38 years in different parts of the country and has led many expeditions during his service. He has taken part in operation Blue Star in Punjab and Operation Vijay in Kargil. He has served in counter insurgency operations in Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Nagaland. He is committed social worker too.
Col Rohit Tewari
(Veteran - MA Psychology)
A gunner from the Armed Forces. In addition to his service in professional arm he has served in intelligence wing and quality assurance wing of the army.
An alumnus of NDA, he has many qualifications to his credit apart from the professional training. He is TSOC qualified, from DIAT, Pune which is equivalent to M Tech in defence technology. He is MBA from FMS, Delhi University and Diploma in personnel management from SIMS, Pune. He holds a first class MA Socio-Psychology degree from Meerut University. He has done quality assurance training from DIQA, Bangalore and is also a diploma holder from IIFT, New Delhi.
A Brief About CDS Exam:
The Combined Defence Services Examination (abbreviated as CDS Exam) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).
To be eligible for the exam, candidates need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA), unmarried candidates born not earlier than January 2, 1998, and not later than January 1, 2003
- For Indian Naval Academy (IMA), unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 1998, and not later than January 1, 2003
- Candidates applying for Air Force Academy should be between 20 to 24 years as on January 2, 1998, and not later than January 1, 2002
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for men), unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 1997, and not later than January 1, 2003
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course), candidates should be unmarried and born not earlier than January 2, 1997, and not later than January 1, 2003.
- For IMA and Officers’ Training Academy, candidates must be a graduate
- For Indian Naval Academy, candidates must have a degree in Engineering from a recognized university.
- For Air Force Academy, a degree or Bachelor of Engineering is necessary. Students must have studied Physics and Mathematics in Class 12
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to the CDS exam.
The written test for IMA, INA, and AFA consists of 3 sections – English, General Knowledge, and Elementary Mathematics. Whereas the written paper for OTA consists of 2 sections – English and General Knowledge. The structure of the question paper is shown in the table below-
CDS Exam Pattern for For IMA, INA, AFA:
|General Knowledge||2 hrs||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hrs||100|
CDS Exam Pattern for OTA:
|General Knowledge||2 hrs||100|
SSB Interview Procedure:
The SSB Interview Procedure comprises of two stage selection process: Stage I & Stage II. Candidates, those qualify the Stage I, only they are permitted to appear for Stage II. The complete procedure is given below:
Stage 1: This stage consists of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP & DT). Stage 1 is a screening test. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of combined performance in OIR Test and PP & DT.
Stage 2: This stage is conducted for four (4) days. Stage II consists of Psychology Tests, Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Interview & Conference.
|Synonyms||Word substitution||Ordering of sentences|
|Spotting Errors||Selecting Words||Ordering of words in a sentence|
|Basic Operations||Simple Factors|
|Remainder Theorem||HCF & LCM|
|Theory of Polynomials||Solutions of quadratic equations|
|The relation between its roots and Coefficients (Only real roots will be considered)||Simultaneous linear equations in two unknown-analytical and graphical solutions|
|Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions||Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one|
|Variable & their solutions||Set Language and set notation|
|Rational Expressions and Conditional Identities||Law of Indices|
- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0°
- Simple trigonometric identities
- Use of trigonometric tables
- Simple cases of heights and distances
Lines and Angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on Properties of angles at a point, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruency of triangles, Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes, Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, Circles and its properties including tangents and normal and Loci.
- Areas of squares
- Triangle and Circle
- Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book)
- Surface area and volume of cuboids
- Lateral Surface
- Volume of Right Circular Cones, cylinders and Surface
- Area and volume of spheres
Collection and Tabulation of Statistical Data
Graphical Representation Frequency Polygons
Measures of Central Tendency
Here are the exam dates and other important dates of the CDS exam:
|Events||CDS I 2021 Dates||CDS II 2021 Dates(Tentative)|
|Release of Notification||October 28, 2020||August 04, 2021|
|Starting of Application Process||October 28 - November 17, 2020||August 25, 2021|
|Admit Card||January 07, 2021||To be notified|
|Exam Date||February 07, 2021||To be notified|
|CDS 2021 Result||March 23, 2021||To be notified|
|SSB Interview||To be notified||To be notified|
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we are running online classes till our campus reopens.
😷 Wear Mask, Stay Safe and Stay Healthy at Home.🏠